Having promised to write another post sooner, time has flown by; who knew each week in UK lockdown could feel so fleeting?!
A few weeks ago I wrote about Datakey RUGGEDrive, this time it is the turn of Datakey Serial Memory.
Serial memory is where it all started for Datakey and is still the core range.
Is Serial Memory for you?
Serial Memory tokens or keys aren’t for everyone, but depending on what you’re looking for, it may turn out to be the ideal solution for your project:
- Longevity of supply – one of the key reasons customers opt for serial memory is that they know they’re going to be able to rely on it for years to come: we have at least one customer who is still buying the same serial memory key more than 20 years after the project started.
- Embedded systems in production for more than five years – yes, there’s more upfront work to develop the code required to communicate with Serial Memory than some of our other products, but if yours is a long-term project, it’s well worth it.
- A variety of shapes and sizes – each form factor has its own specialised range of connectors, which gives you a high and unique level of physical security. Whether you want board or panel mount, the chances are that Serial Memory range will deliver for you.
What do most Nexus customers use?
Many of our customers use EEPROM tokens and keys, which contain an industry standard IC, most commonly with an SPI interface. Typical uses would include:
· User identification
· Limit use / anti counterfeit
· Calibration & Parameter settings
Not just physical security
For some projects, you may require more than physical security, which is why the serial memory range features CryptoAuthentication; combining the unique form factor with silicone geared for high security applications.
At the heart of the devices in the CryptoAuthentication line of memory tokens is a Microchip CryptoAuthentication high security hardware IC.
If you have a need for the secure transfer of passwords or need physical transfer of security keys, certificates, sensitive data or system configuration files then this range could be for you.
The next step
As with all of our serial memory products we have development kits available, which allow you to quickly prototype with Datakey serial memory products, helping you to get your products to market faster.
If you’d like a development kit, or you’d like to talk about any of our products, just drop us a line or give us a call on +44 (0)1794 301439